Open as PDF
Precautions and tips
! This washing machine was designed and constructed in
accordance with international safety regulations. The fol-
lowing information is provided for safety reasons and must
therefore be read carefully.
• This appliance was designed for domestic use only.
• This appliance can be used by children aged
from 8 years and above and persons with re-
duced physical, sensory or mental capabilities
or lack of experience and knowledge if they
have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way
and understand the hazards involved. Chil-
dren shall not play with the appliance. Clea-
ning and user maintenance shall not be made
by children without supervision.
• Do not touch the machine when barefoot or with wet or
damp hands or feet.
• Do not pull on the power supply cable when unplugging
the appliance from the electricity socket. Hold the plug
• Do not open the detergent dispenser drawer while the
machine is in operation.
• Do not touch the drained water as it may reach extreme-
ly high temperatures.
• Never force the porthole door. This could damage the
safety lock mechanism designed to prevent accidental
• If the appliance breaks down, do not under any circum-
stances access the internal mechanisms in an attempt
to repair it yourself.
• Always keep children well away from the appliance while
it is operating.
• The door can become quite hot during the wash cycle.
• If the appliance has to be moved, work in a group of two
or three people and handle it with the utmost care. Never
try to do this alone, because the appliance is very heavy.
• Before loading laundry into the washing machine, make
sure the drum is empty.
• Disposing of the packaging materials: observe local
regulations so that the packaging may be re-used.
• The European Directive 2002/96/EC on Waste
Electrical and Electronic Equipment, requires that
old household electrical appliances must not be
disposed of in the normal unsorted municipal waste
stream. Old appliances must be collected separately
in order to optimise the recovery and recycling of the
materials they contain and reduce the impact on human
health and the environment. The crossed out “wheeled
bin” symbol on the product reminds you of your obliga-
tion, that when you dispose of the appliance it must be
Consumers should contact their local authority or
retailer for information concerning the correct
disposal of their old appliance.