Open as PDF
safety information electrolux 5
In the interest of your safety and to
ensure the correct use, before
installing and first using the
appliance, read this user manual
carefully, including its hints and
warnings. To avoid unnecessary
mistakes and accidents, it is
important to ensure that all people
using the appliance are thoroughly
familiar with its operation and safety
features. Save these instructions
and make sure that they remain
with the appliance if it is moved or
sold, so that everyone using it
through its life will be properly
informed on appliance use and
● It is dangerous to alter the
specifications or attempt to modify
this product in any way.
● During high temperature wash
programmes the door glass may get
hot. Do not touch it!
● Make sure that small pets do not
climb into the drum. To avoid this,
please check into the drum before
● Any objects such as coins, safety
pins, nails, screws, stones or any
other hard, sharp material can cause
extensive damage and must not be
placed into the machine.
● Only use the advised quantities of
fabric softener and detergent.
Damage to the fabric can ensue if
you over-fill. Refer to the
manufacturer’s recommendations of
● Wash small items such as socks,
laces, washable belts etc in a
washing bag or pillow case as it is
possible for such items to slip down
between the tub and the inner drum.
● Do not use your washing machine to
wash articles with whalebones,
material without hems or torn
● Always unplug the appliance and
turn off the water supply after use,
cleaning and maintenance.
● Under no circumstances should you
attempt to repair the machine
yourself. Repairs carried out by
inexperienced persons may cause
injury or serious malfunctioning.
Contact your local Service Centre.
Always insist on genuine spare parts.
● This appliance is heavy. Care should
be taken when moving it.
● When unpacking the appliance,
check that it is not damaged. If in
doubt, do not use it and contact the
● All packing and transit bolts must be
removed before use. Serious
damage can occur to the product
and to property if this is not adhered
to. See relevant section in the user
● After having installed the appliance,
check that it is not standing on the
inlet and drain hose and the worktop
is not pressing the electrical supply
● If the machine is situated on a
carpeted floor, please adjust the feet
in order to allow air to circulate freely
under the appliance.
● Always be sure, that there is no
water leakage from hoses and their
connections after the installation.
132964640.qxd 19/07/2008 12.00 Page 5