Open as PDF
Precautions and tips
! This washing machine was designed and constructed
in accordance with international safety regulations. The
following information is provided for safety reasons and
must therefore be read carefully.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (inclu
ding children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless
they have been given supervision or instruction concer-
ning use of the appliance by a person responsible for
their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
• This appliance was designed for domestic use only.
• Do not touch the machine when barefoot or with wet or
damp hands or feet.
• Do not pull on the power supply cable when unplugging
the appliance from the electricity socket. Hold the plug
• Do not open the detergent dispenser drawer while the
machine is in operation.
• Do not touch the drained water as it may reach
extremely high temperatures.
• Never force the porthole door. This could damage the
safety lock mechanism designed to prevent accidental
• If the appliance breaks down, do not under any
circumstances access the internal mechanisms in an
attempt to repair it yourself.
• Always keep children well away from the appliance while
it is operating.
• The door can become quite hot during the wash cycle.
• If the appliance has to be moved, work in a group of two
or three people and handle it with the utmost care. Never
try to do this alone, because the appliance is very heavy.
• Before loading laundry into the washing machine, make
sure the drum is empty.
• Disposing of the packaging materials: observe local
regulations so that the packaging may be re-used.
• The European Directive 2002/96/EC on Waste
Electrical and Electronic Equipment, requires that
old household electrical appliances must not be
disposed of in the normal unsorted municipal waste
stream. Old appliances must be collected separately
in order to optimise the recovery and recycling of the
materials they contain and reduce the impact on human
health and the environment. The crossed out “wheeled
bin” symbol on the product reminds you of your obli
gation, that when you dispose of the appliance it must
be separately collected.
Consumers should contact their local authority or retailer
for information concerning the correct disposal of their