Open as PDF
Precautions and tips
! This washing machine was designed and constructed in
accordance with international safety regulations. The fol-
lowing information is provided for safety reasons and must
therefore be read carefully.
• This appliance was designed for domestic use only.
• This appliance can be used by children aged
from 8 years and above and persons with re-
duced physical, sensory or mental capabilities
or lack of experience and knowledge if they
have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way
and understand the hazards involved. Children
shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and
user maintenance shall not be made by children
• Do not touch the machine when barefoot or with wet or
damp hands or feet.
• Do not pull on the power supply cable when unplugging the
appliance from the electricity socket. Hold the plug and pull.
• Do not open the detergent dispenser drawer while the
machine is in operation.
• Do not touch the drained water as it may reach extremely
• Never force the porthole door. This could damage the safety
lock mechanism designed to prevent accidental opening.
• If the appliance breaks down, do not under any circum-
stances access the internal mechanisms in an attempt to
repair it yourself.
• Always keep children well away from the appliance while
it is operating.
• The door can become quite hot during the wash cycle.
• If the appliance has to be moved, work in a group of two
or three people and handle it with the utmost care. Never
try to do this alone, because the appliance is very heavy.
• Before loading laundry into the washing machine, make
sure the drum is empty.
• Disposing of the packaging materials: observe local regu-
lations so that the packaging may be re-used.
• The European Directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical
and Electronic Equipment, requires that old household
electrical appliances must not be disposed of in the normal
unsorted municipal waste stream. Old appliances must
be collected separately in order to optimise the recovery
and recycling of the materials they contain and reduce the
impact on human health and the environment. The crossed
out “wheeled bin” symbol on the product reminds you of
your obligation, that when you dispose of the appliance it
must be separately collected.
Consumers should contact their local authority or retailer
for information concerning the correct disposal of their old